If you’ve never had oven-roasted beans, you are in for a treat. When you toss them with spices and different flavorings, they have the same snack vibe you would get by eating chips or popcorn. Just as addictive, but with tons of protein. Here, I’m using good ‘ol Old Bay Seasoning, a blend of spices that originated in Maine, which includes celery salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and paprika. You can buy Old Bay at the supermarket, but also easily make your one with the spices on hand. Leave out one or more items; do as you wish!
- 1 can butter beans, cannellini beans, or garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Drain and rinse the beans until the water runs clear and is no longer foamy. Lay the beans out on a few paper towels and gently pat the beans dry. It is very important that the beans are dry when they hit the oven; so leave them out to dry completely for 15-20 minutes.
3. Toss the beans with the olive oil and the Old Bay Seasoning, to taste. Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes.